To: All ECC Retail Tenants
From: The Marketing Department
Subject: ECC Holiday Campaign – full details + Holiday Hours
We’re excited to share our plans for the holiday season with you. There are many components to this year’s holiday campaign and still many ways that you can get involved!
Black Friday – November 26, 2021
- Free Parking: We will be offering Free Parking for customers in the East Parkade only (located on 102 ave between 100 st and 101 st) from 3-6pm on November 26. 2021.
- ECC Gift Card Bonus: Buy a $100 Gift Card and get a $15 Bonus Card! This is our biggest sale yet on gift cards and quantities are very limited. Gift cards can be purchased at Guest Services.
- Black Friday retailer highlights: we will be using our social media platforms, CONNECT e-newsletter and website to promote your Black Friday sales. Please email the information and images to email@example.com as early as possible, to be featured.
DBA Holiday Light Up – November 20, December 4, December 18, 2021
The Downtown Business Association is hosting their annual Holiday Light Up over 3 days this year, in Churchill Square, which will bring additional traffic downtown. We have partnered with the DBA on this event in the following ways:
- Free Parking on Weekends: East Parkade only, Saturdays from 10am-8pm and Sundays from 12-6pm. Our customers, tenants and attendees of this event will be eligible to take advantage of the free weekend parking offer from November 20 until December 26, 2021. Also a reminder that customers are still eligible for 4 hours free of weekday parking on their next visit if they show Guest Services their receipts that amount to at least $50.
- Free Gift: In an effort to encourage attendees of the event to shop within ECC, we are providing a special gift to them, that can be claimed at Guest Services.
- Highlighting special retailer deals for event attendees: If you have a special deal or discount you’d like us to communicate to attendees, email us with the details.
- Distribution of coupons: If you have coupons you can provide for us to hand out to event attendees, let us know by email, then drop the coupons off at Guest Services with attention to Zaina Yusuf, Marketing Manager.
ECC’s Holiday Campaign – Making Your Season Merrier
This year our holiday campaign will be once again be in support of The Mustard Seed. We will kick things off on Giving Tuesday (November 30, 2021) and ECC will match customer donations up to $10,000 until Christmas! Donations can be made at Guest Services or online through a special QR code that will be shared on our website soon. We will also be collecting new and gently used winter wear as well as hygiene items for the vulnerable population throughout the holiday season. If you or your store have any items to donate, please drop them off at Guest Services.
Our holiday campaign activities include:
- ECC Gift Card Bonus: Buy $100, get a $10 bonus (December 1-12, 2021). Purchase at Guest Services while quantities last.
- ECC’s 12 Days of Giving: December 13-24, 2021
– Daily Giveaway of $1500 for 12 days – customers who spend $50 at any ECC retailer or combination of retailers (ECC Gift Cards are an eligible purchase) and bring their same day receipts to Guest Services, will be entered to win the $1500 giveaway: a $1000 ECC gift card for the winner, and $500 donated to The Mustard Seed or a registered charity of their choice
– ECC Retailer spotlight and daily giveaway – we will host a daily giveaway for the 12 Days of Giving on our social media platforms and highlight one retailer per day. There are still a few spots available so if you have a giveaway worth $100+ please email us to reserve your spot! This retailer will also be able to highlight special deals, sales and discounts over the holiday season to our audience.
- Insta-Merry Contest: we will have 3 instagrammable walls within ECC for our customers and tenants to take photos in front of and win an amazing prize of $1000 for you and $1000 for a charity of your choice.
Entering is easy:
- Find 1 of our 3 insta-walls within ECC + take a photo in front of it
- Share it on Instagram
- Tag @eccmall and use the hashtag #MerryECC
- If you find all 3 holiday walls you will get 3 entries + a bonus entry!
Contest begins December 1, 2021 and ends on December 17, 2021.
For up to date information on our holiday campaign we will be communicating with our customers through our website https://edmontoncitycentre.com/holiday-2021/ our Connect e-Newsletter (sign up on our website) and our social media platforms by following @eccmall on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For any questions, ideas, or to secure your involvement in this year’s holiday campaign, please email Zaina Yusuf, Marketing Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 25, 2021.
Friday, December 24 (Christmas Eve): 10am – 6pm
Saturday, December 25 (Christmas Day): Closed
Sunday, December 26 (Boxing Day): 12 – 5pm
*Note we will offer FREE PARKING in the East Parkade only 12-6pm for Boxing Day
Monday, December 27-Friday December 31: 10am – 6pm (regular hours)
Saturday, January 1 (New Years Day): Closed
Sunday, January 2: 12 – 5pm