To: All Tenants
From: Susan Radford, Assistant Property Manager
Subject: Upcoming Notices
CANCELLED: Retail Safety and Security Meeting; April 23
Please be advised, the Retail Tenant Safety Event scheduled for tomorrow, April 23rd, has been cancelled. A rescheduled date will be posted when all Tenants are able to safely return to their spaces under the guidance of the Alberta Government and Alberta Health Services.
LRT and Construction Updates
Following on from previous communication, please take note of the following as they pertain to the Valley Line Southeast and West LRT construction and Jasper Avenue construction.
Valley Line Southeast
- The timeline for the project overall remains fluid as TransEd assess the impact of the current pandemic, however, Edmonton City Centre has been informed that the downtown portion is still on time.
- Concrete work on 102 Ave West has begun and work will continue for 3 months.
- TransEd teams are working two shifts, day and night, and interruptive work is being carried out as downtown pedestrian traffic decreases during the pandemic.
- All track, road surfaces and sidewalk work is scheduled to be complete by June 2020, with the majority of the space opening up, including a decrease in construction and fencing.
- On April 30th, the crane on Churchill Square will be removed and the hoarding dramatically reduced. Edmonton City Centre received confirmation in March that festivals would return to Churchill this year, however, due to limitations on gatherings and events, we expect all festivals during this time to be cancelled.
- Digital Copy of the Valley Line Southeast Booklet for your reference.
Jasper Avenue – New Vison
In conjunction with the current LRT construction, the Jasper Avenue revitalization will begin this Spring with expected completion in Fall 2022.
The project, Jasper Avenue – New Vision, is to restore and improve the avenue, including wider sidewalks, enhanced street furniture and plantings, new street and pedestrian lighting and a full roadway reconstruction.
- Construction has begun on 100 Street Northbound from McDougall Hill to 101A Avenue, reducing it to 2 lanes.
- During the construction months (Spring to Fall 2020, 2021 and 2022), traffic will be limited to 1 lane in each direction along Jasper Avenue, with the South sidewalk closed and some turning lanes impacted. During the Winter months, traffic will be restored to existing capacity from 97 Street to 100 Street and five lanes restored from 109 Street to 114 Street.
- During this time, there will be occasional full overnight closures on Jasper Avenue and on 100 Street. In 2021 there will be a full closure of 97 Street between Jasper Avenue and 101A Avenue.
- Bus stops will be temporarily relocated and some bus routes altered. Please visit Edmonton.ca/TransitAlerts for more information.
- Please see the following links for additional information as it pertains to this project,
Valley Line West
In early March, Edmonton City Centre attended a committee meeting with respect to the Valley Line West LRT, connecting Edmonton City Centre to Lewis Farms – Valley Line West Booklet. The following updates were shared at that meeting, although timelines may be pushed due to the current pandemic.
- The City of Edmonton advised that after a contractor is awarded in December 2020, construction will begin in Spring 2021, although this may be pushed to Summer, weather dependent, continuing through to 2027.
- Until the contract is awarded, the City of Edmonton cannot confirm which communities will be immediately impacted, however, they foresee that those with large infrastructure surrounding will mobilize first, (ECC).
- Speed limits surround the new line are being considered by the Urban Planning Committee, with a potential of a 30km speed limit next to the entire line.
- In regards to funding, City of Edmonton did confirm that they are fully funded; Federal, Provincial and City.
- Utility relocation work has now begun on 102 Avenue between 103 Street and 107 Street, continuing until August 2020. Please refer to the following document – Valley Line West Downtown Notice
- Utility work specific to 102 Avenue and 103 Street is expected to be completed at the end of July. During construction, there will be three days where the Northbound traffic on 103 Street between 102 Avenue and 103 Avenue will be managed with flag personnel, and Westbound traffic at the intersection between 103 Street and 103 Avenue will be managed with flag personnel. Starting May 25, a partial closure of the parking lane, Northbound on 103 Street from 102 Avenue extending approximately 20 metres, will be in place for approximately 4 weeks.
Should you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact Susan Radford, Assistant Property Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Edmonton City Centre
Susan Radford, Assistant Property Manager